WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS . . .
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need
STEPHEN MINISTERS CARE FOR PEOPLE FACING TOUGH TIMES
We all experience challenges in life -- times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry: The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private.
STEPHEN MINISTRY IS YOUR MINISTRY
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here's what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
STEPHEN MINISTRY MULTIPLIES MINISTRY
Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. But there are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care than pastors can effectively meet by themselves.
Stephen Ministry provides a biblical solution -- equipping God's people for ministry. Gifted lay people are trained to support and extend the care that pastors continue to provide.
Stephen Ministers reach out with God's love to people who are hurting -- both congregation members and nonmembers alike.
If you are interested in this ministry, contact
Pastor Meghan at (757) 229-1771 Ext 261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in learning how to become a Stephen Minister, complete our interest form by clicking here.
Stephen Ministries St. Louis Supports Our Congregation's Stephen Ministry
Stephen Ministries is a not-for-profit Christian educational organization based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1975, Stephen Ministries provides training and resources to thousands of congregations and organizations worldwide.
Log on to www.stephenministries.org or call (314) 428-2600 to learn more.