reNEW Youth: Nurture, Empower, Welcome.
These three elements are what faith formation with students is all about. Through our radical welcome of all people, we make relationships that help our students explore how God is already reaching out to them. Then, we partner with them to discover how they might live out their callings to live in the world as disciples of Jesus Christ.
We are so excited you are here!
- Radical Welcome: We believe that everyone has a place at the table. No matter your background, you are welcome here.
Holistic Faith Formation: Our approach goes beyond traditional Bible study. We engage in activities that foster emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
Community Impact: We're not just about talking; we're about doing. Our youth are actively involved in community service projects, making a tangible difference in the lives of others.
Weekly Gatherings: Join us every Wednesday from 6:00-7:00pm in the Youth Room for an exciting blend of faith, fun, and fellowship. We kick off with snacks and games, followed by an engaging Bible study session that tackles real-world issues.
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
Students grades 6-12 are invited to the Youth Christmas Party! We'll share a Christmas lunch, play a few games, and decorate sugar cookies together before walking to Merchant's Square for Ice Skating! This event was a HUGE hit last year, so we hope you’ll come out and join in the fun! Let us know you're joining us at the link below.
A FAMILY-FRIENDLY EVENT INCLUDING PLAY, CRAFTS, WORSHIP, & SUPPER
Come join us at Williamsburg United Methodist Church for a family night like no other! Mark your calendars for the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. We've got a jam-packed evening planned that's perfect for all ages. Each month, we dive into a different theme with activities that range from playful crafts to interactive games. But that's not all! We also have a special time for worship and celebration, complete with uplifting music, heartfelt prayers, and often a skit that brings our monthly theme to life.
And let's not forget about the food! We wrap up each gathering with a delicious family-style dinner where you can share stories and laughs with both new friends and old. The best part? This event is absolutely free, there's no dress code, and it's open to everyone, no matter your age.
So, why should you join us? Well, aside from the fun activities and the yummy food, you'll also go home with fresh ideas to deepen your connection with your family and with God. For more details or to RSVP, click here!
We are so excited to share that nursery care is available at both the 8:15am and 11:00am services, as well as during the Sunday School hour, for children Pre-K and younger. Your little ones can be dropped off and picked up in our Seedlings Classroom found on the 1st floor down the hall from our Sanctuary. Not sure where that is? No worries! We will have signs posted to make finding your way easy!
In even more exciting news - we’ve hired Kristina Wolf as our Lead Childcare Provider. We invite you to head over to our Staff page to learn more about Kristina!
Families of all ages are invited to join together one Friday per month to watch a fun, animated movie with new and old friends while sharing a meal of pizza with snacks! Keep an eye on our Attend An Event page for upcoming movie night details!
We hope to see you here!
Have questions? Contact Zach Griggs (firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-229-1771, x108).
- Wesley Choir: Students in grades 1-5 meet on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. in Room 173 to rehearse unison and two-part music that they will sing in worship about once per month.
- Mini Melodies: This group offers a unique opportunity for preschoolers and pre-readers to dive into the world of singing, discover the magic of their own voices, and share in a joyful ministry experience. Join us in the parlor on Sundays from 10:00 - 10:30 am for an engaging musical adventure. Afterward, students can either be picked up or smoothly transitioned to the nursery. It's a wonderful way for the little ones to start their day with music and togetherness!
- Canticles of Praise: Students in middle and high school rehearse choral music for worship. Rehearsal is Sunday afternoons from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Room 173.
- Bells of Praise: A bell choir for middle and high school students meets on Sundays from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Room 112.
- Youth Praise Band: Our vocal and instrumental band for middle and high school students meets on Sundays from 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the Youth Center. They lead worship in Sunday School and Messy Church, as well as in Sunday morning worship several times per year.
The Early Childhood Music School is a weekday program offered to the community-at-large. Weekly classes in music-and-movement (taught by internationally certified early childhood music specialists) address the following goals:
- Promote music education as every child’s right.
- Generate enthusiasm for music through repeated, positive experiences.
- Provide holistic education at a time when children are developmentally receptive.
- Create a nurturing environment that enables children to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Affirm and support parents of young children while facilitating positive family interaction.
For more information about ECMS, please click here.
Williamsburg United Methodist Church has a deep and long-term commitment to ministry within the local community. One of the ways this shows up is an intentional outreach to families and caregivers of the youngest among us, which we call Kids Morning Out. Throughout the school year, this weekday ministry provides an environment that demonstrates God's unconditional love for all children by fostering each child's social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and spiritual growth, and creating a support system for caregivers of young children.
We currently offer classes for children between the ages of one and four, as of September 30: Sprouts (young toddlers), Seedlings (twos), Saplings (threes), and Sycamores (fours).
We are so grateful for KMO Director Laura Pittman, her gifted and loving staff, dedicated board members and most of all, our KMO families and students! We’d love for you to see more of what KMO is all about.
Troop 103 is a chartered Scout Troop and has been developing young Scouts into responsible young men since 1924. Williamsburg United Methodist Church has been home to the troop since 1950 and has been their sponsor since 1984. Troop 103 is proud to have over 200 Eagle Scouts and WUMC is proud of them!
Click here for Boy Scout Troop 103's Website.
Click here for Cub Scout Pack 103's Website.
We are a Safe Sanctuaries church. To view our policy, click here.