Congratulations on Your Engagement!
So, you're getting married! Congratulations! We at Williamsburg United Methodist Church (WUMC) believe a marriage ceremony is an act of worship and are eager to work with you to ensure your wedding reflects praise and thanksgiving to God.
Why Choose WUMC for Your Wedding
Our church offers more than just a venue. We provide the services of ordained clergy experienced in pre-marital counseling and in planning and officiating wedding ceremonies. We invite you to attend one of our Sunday morning worship services to get a feel for our worship space and community.
Secure your date by completing the necessary forms and enclosing the required fees.
Once the first three steps are complete, you'll be put in contact with our Wedding Coordinator to assist with the rehearsal and the wedding day itself.
Obtain a VA marriage license within 30 days of your wedding day.
Arrange for all additional fees to be paid at least two weeks prior to your wedding.
Note: We have specific policies regarding wedding dates, including not scheduling weddings during Advent or Holy Week.
- Wedding Ceremony Template
- Kitchen Facilities Guidelines
- Music Agreement
- Other Available Services & Information
CONTACT US: For more information, contact the church office at (757) 229-1771.
Interested in having an event at Williamsburg United Methodist Church? Here’s how:
- Contact our Administrative Assistant Nancy Reynolds at (757) 229-1771 Ext 252 or firstname.lastname@example.org concerning the availability of one of our rooms for your tentative event date. Please note that we do not schedule any events (outside of church related events) during Advent (December) or during Holy Week and Palm Sunday/Easter Sunday weekends (late March-early April).
- Secure your reservation and date immediately (if it's available) by completing the Board of Trustees Building Use Agreement Form for General Usage, enclosing the appropriate fees, and then mailing these items to:
Attn: Nancy Reynolds
500 Jamestown Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Sound System Sanctuary
A trained technician is required for use of the sound system in the Sanctuary. A fee of $50.00 includes one hour for rehearsal and one hour for the day of the event. Taped or recorded music is not allowed; live music only.
Sound System Fellowship Hall
A trained technician is required for use of the sound and audio/video system in Fellowship Hall. A fee of $50.00 is required.
For more information, contact the church office (757) 229-1771.